Wednesday, November 7th – Tuesday, November 13th
As you can see from the pictures below we are still missing a window. While this actually doesn’t surprise us anymore, it’s really irritating.
At this point our expeditor isn’t responding to any of our questions or concerns. I spent a few minutes today writing out an email to our expeditor and I’m not sure if I should send it. We really have no idea what’s up next on the agenda other than more plumbing. If we’re still on track to close at the end of January I’d be amazed.
So let’s talk about what was done this week:
- Well was drilled. While that sounds like a great win, it was something we were responsible for so no props to the builder there.
- The dirt pile on the southwest corner of the lot was moved towards the back of the lot so WE Energies can run electricity to the house. While that also sounds like progress, I should note that this was the second time the dirt was moved. We’re really not sure what they did the first time, but it definitely wasn’t what we asked.
- Gas fireplace insert was dropped off along with the family bathroom tub and surround.
- Low voltage wiring was done but this is another item that wasn’t done as we requested.
- Plumbing was done in the basement and the garage. Still waiting for the plumbing in the walls to be done so insulation and drywall can begin. But with us still missing a window on the front of the house, it’s not like that can be started anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This should be a fun and exciting process, but the more I write the more my frustration grows so let’s call it a night and see what next week brings. Bye!
14 weeks down, 11 to go.